|NAME : |
Prof. Dr. Vikas Sinha
DATE OF BIRTH :
14th Aug. 1958
NATIONALITY : Indian
Dean, Professor E.N.T.
M.P.Shah Govt. Medical College
Jamnagar (Gujarat) – 361 008, India.
|ADDRESS FOR CORRESPONDENCE :|
Dr. Vikas Sinha
Dean, Prof. E.N.T.
M.P.Shah Govt. Medical College,
Pandit Nehru Marg,
Jamngar 361 008
Mobile: +91 9879579193,
Tel: Office -(0288)2553515, Residence- (0288)2553676
|ACADEMIC QULIFICATION :|
M.B.B.S. Ranchi University (Jharkhand) 1983 M.S. E.N.T. Do 1987
Lecturer at Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical
Sciences, Sevagram, Wardha (Maharashtra) from 21.08.1989 to 26.05 1994
Reader from 27.05.1994 to 12.10.1994
1.Associate Professor E.N.T.B.J.Medical College, Ahmedabad
15.10.1994 to 07.03.1999
Professo and Head E.N.T.1.B.J. Medical College
2. Govt.Medical College
3. B.J. Medical College
4. P.D.U. Medical College,
5. B.J. Medical College
6. Govt. Medical college
7. B.J. Medical College
Dean and Professor E.N.T.M.P.Shah Medical College
Jamnagar (Gujarat) 12.06.2008
Post Graduate Guide Gujarat University, Ahmedabad, IndiaDissertation completed (List Enclosed)Post Graduate Examiner for M.S. and D.L.O.Gujarat – Ahmedabad, Jamnagar,Baroda, SuratU.P. – Allahabad,VaranasiRajasthan – Ajmer.Maharashtra – Nagpur, Sewagram (Wardha)M.P. – Gwalior, Bhopal, JabalpurUnder Graduate Examiner for M.B.B.S.Gujarat – Ahmedabad, Rajkot. Jamnagar, Anand, Bhavnagar, SurendranagarU.P. – Varanasi, AllahabadM.P. – Bhopal, Gwalior, IndoreMaharashtra – Nagpur, Wardha, Amravati. Yeovatmal
Yeovatmal Mumbai KEM Med. coll.,
J.J. Med. Coll., Thane Med. Coll. Rajasthan – Jaipur, Udaipur, Ajmer, KotaJammu & Kashmir – Srinagar, JammuForeign Examiner – M.S. E.N.T.,Dharan,NepalD.N.B. Examiner – Udaipur 2003, Hyderabad 2004, Ahmedabad 2005
JEWEL OF INDIA AWARD in 2009 ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENTS
Invited by Patna Medical College, Patna, (Patna University) Bihar to demonstrate live
ear surgery at the Millennium Regional Workshop in August 2000.Invited at M.P. Shah Medical College Jamnagar (Saurashtra University) to demonstrate
Live Ear Surgery mainly Tympanoplasyy and Mastoidectomy.Invited by Bihar & Jharkhand Association of Otolaryngology to demonstrate live surgical
demonstration of Endoscopic D.C.R. (Dacryocysto Rhinostomy) in 2002.Invited by Central Coal Field Limited Ranchi Jharkhand to give training of tympanoplasty
to young E.N. T. surgeon of that organization. In 2002.Invited by Gujarat association of Ophthalmology for their annual conference at Ahmedabad
for panel discussion on ‘Endoscopic D.C.R. 2002.Invited as National Faculty in Microscopic and FESS workshop of Calcutta to demonstrate
Endoscopes DCR and Tympanoplasty in 2003.Invited at Bihar & Jharkhand Association of Otolaryngology and demonstrated fat
Tympanoplasty 2006.Invited by Bihar & Jharkhand Association of Otolaryngology to demonstrate live cadaveric
demonstration of Rhinoplasty in 2008.Invited by deptt of science and technology of M.P. Govt to judge the scientific paper of
medical science in 2009.Performed Live DCR surgery and Rhinoplasty at Kathmandu Medical College , Nepal.RESEARCH AND SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATION AND WORK
1. Publications – more than 100 publications.
2. Conducted Global record survey to evaluate Fexofenadine (ALLEGRA) for the Treatment
of Allergic Rhinitis.
3. Conducted Clinical Drug trials of drug Moxifloxacillin, Clarithromycin, Desloratadine,
and Fexofenadine nasal spray.
4. Invited to attend workshop on Clinical Appraisal of current M.B.B.S. Examination at
JIPMER, Pondichery in April, 1995.
5. Short Term ICMR Fellowship at R.S.T. Cancer Hospital, Nagpur in 1994.
6. Attended Teacher’s raining Course at JIPMER, Pondichery in 1994.
7. Conference Paper Presentation
• National Conference – 15
• State Conference – 14
• Regional Conferences – 15
VARIOUS POSTS HELD
1. Medical Council of India Inspector to inspect facilities to start Post Graduation at :
1999 Present. (1) R.M. Medical College, Annamalai University, Annamalai (Tamilnadu)
2000 – (2) Al Ameen Medical College, Bijapur (Karnataka)
2002 – (3) Osmania Medical College Hyderabad (Andhra pradesh)
2003 – (4) JSS Medical College Mysore (Karnataka)
(5) Burdwan Medical College, Burdwan (West Bengal)
(6) Vivekanand Inst, of Med. science Calcutta (West Bengal)
(7) Kakatiya Medical College Warangal (A.P.)
(8) S.P.Medical College Bikaner (Rajasthan)
(9) S.V.Medical College Tirupathi (A.P)
2004 – (10) Vivekanand Inst, of Med. science Calcutta (West Bengal)
(11) D.Y. Patil Medical College Mumbai
2005 – (12)Army Hospital R&R Delhi
(13) Kakinda Medical College (A.P.)
(14) B.P.Koirala Institute , Dharan Nepal
(15) J.L.N.Medical College , Ajmer ( Undergraduate)
2006 – (16) Pravara Medical college, Loni, Ahmednagar
(17) Mamata Medical College, Khamam ( A.P.)
2007 – (18)J.L.N.Medical College, Sawangi, Wardha(M.S.)
2008 – (19)J.L.N.Medical College, Sawangi, Wardha(M.S.)
(20)Deccan Medical College, Huderabad (A.P.0
(21) Gardi Medical College ,Ujjain ( M.P.)
2009 – (22) Penamennai Medical College , Vijaiwada (A.P.)
(23) N.R.I Medical College, Guntur (A.P.)
(24) Penamennai Medical College, Vijaiwada (A.P.)
2010 – (25) N.D.M.V.P Samaj’s Medical college, Nashik (M.S.)
2. Association of Otolaryngologists of India (Parent Body) • Governing Body Member – 1996 1997
• Editorial Board Member 1997 – 1998
3. Vidharbha Otolaryngology Association, Maharashtra • Executive Member 1991 – 1992
• Honorary Joint Secretary 1993 – 1994
4. Ahmedabad association of otolaryngology • Vise president 2004 – 2005
5. Hon editor of Gujarat Journal of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery,
an official publication of association of otolaryngologists of India, Gujarat State branch.
6. Chairman and Cochairman at various National and State Conference of E.N.T.
7. Participated in Panel Discussion in State Conference of E.N.T. on PREVENTION OF DEAFNESS.
8. Lecture on Endoscopic D.C.R. at Gujarat Annual Conference of Ophthalmology at Ahmedabad.
9. Conducted several E.N.T. Diagnostic Camps in far remote and rural places of Uttar Pradesh,
Maharashtra and Gujarat.
10. District Cocoordinator of Ahmedabad for the Disability and Rehabilitation Center New Delhi.
11. Gujarat state nodal officer for prevention of deafness in 2007.
12. Included in Marquis Who’s Who 21st Century Edition.
13. Speaker on Medical Management of Bell’s Palsy on symposium of Facial Nerve in R.N. Mishra
Otology Plenary Session at National Conference of A.O.I. Patna 2003.
14. Consultant Award paper at National Conference of A.O.I. Patna 2003 and Kolkata 2004.
15. Participated in the panel discussion for the post graduate training programme at National
Conference of AOI at Hyderabad 2005, Lucknow 2006 and moderator in 2007 Bhubaneshwar,
2008 Jaipur 2009.
16. Invited to presented paper on “The art of learning Rhinoplasty by cadaver
dissection”, “Osteotomy in Rhinoplasty”at 1st Asian Rhinoplasty Symposium at Seoul,
Worked at one the largest medical College Of India at Ahmedabad and Jamnagar (Gujarat)
involves a great deal of challenge. Routinely perform
a. Throat-Tonsillectomy, Styloid surgery, Glossopharyngeal neurectomy.
b. Ear- Tympanoplasty, Mastoid surgery.
c. Larynx- Micro laryngeal surgery.
d. Scopy- Bronchoscopy, oesophagoscopy, Laryngoscopy.
e. Neck-, Thyroid surgery, Throglossal duct cyst and sinus, Tracheaostomy, Branchial cyst and
sinus surgery, Rotation flap of Head and Neck basal cell carcinoma.
f. Nose-FESS, Angiofibroma surgery, Fracture nasal nose reduction, Endoscopic DCR ,
POST GRADUATE TRAINING PROGRAMMEI have adopted the system of postgraduate training, which is helping them in a big way.
Postgraduates of the department are being given systematic training so that when they pass out
M.S. and leave the department they are confident of all type of E.N.T. surgeries. The schedule
of their surgery training includes.
Ist year of residency
Tonsil, Septum and minor surgeries like Lymph node excission, cyst removal, CLW traumatic
2nd year of residency – endoscopic D.C.R, Fracture nasal bone
i. 2-months rotation to the cancer hospital where they learn oesophagoscopy. Bronchoscopy,
R.N.D. and other oncological surgeries.
ii. 1 month rotation to audiology and Speech therapy.
iii. 1 month rotation to the casualty.
3rd year residency
They carry out 10 temporal dissections and then they are given cortical mastoidectomy, and at the
end of 3rd year another 5 temporal bone dissections, they are given modified radical
mastoidectomy, all under supervision of senior staff members. If any time any facial nerve palsy
occurs, one has to carry out another 2 temporal bone dissections before they are given any further
mastoid surgery. This principal is applicable to the consultant also Nasal polyps myringoplasty at
the beginning of 3rd year and at the end of 3rd year Typanoplasties, Thyroid and thyroglossal duct
surgeries, FESS Micro scopic laryngeal surgeries.
4th year of residency
Surgeries like Stapedectomy, Rhinoplasty, they are the 1st assistants Their progress of
surgery is closely monitored in the logbook.
All the postgraduates are encouraged to present scientific paper.
Post graduate Teaching
includes Seminars, Case presentation. Ward teaching & Journal club etc.
Scientific paper publication
They are encouraged to send paper for the publication and every resident has at least 2 to 3 indexed
publications by the time they complete 4th year of residency.
Editor of National & International journal of E.N.T.
Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery (www.ent-journal.com), Joint editor from India of
world article ENT (www.waent.org).
TRAINING MODULE FOR BRONCHSCOPYArtificial model has been developed & prepared by me on which not only residents but assistant
prof. of the department also practice for the removal of foreign body bronchus.This module fetched
Dr. Vikas Sinha , senior consultant award paper at the state conference.
WRITTEN A BOOK of ENT “Vikas Sinha Practical E.N.T.” (www.waent.org)Overseas Fellowship(1) 3 months fellowship in E.N.T. (Rhinoplasty) at Asan Medical Center, Seoul , South Korea,2006.
(2) 6 weeks fellowship in Rhinoplasty at Marien Hospital Stuttgart, Germany, 2007.
Workshop of SeptorhinoplastyConduct every year Septorhinoplasty workshop at our medical college Jamnagar where I
demonstrate closed and open technique of Rhinoplaty,.and hands on cadaver dissection. I am also
invited as National faculty at Dr. Sood Nasal Research foundation for the Septorhinoplasty
workshop for last 5 years.
PUBLICATIONS OF DR. VIKAS SINHA
1. Sinha Vikas: PrasadI.B. Sharan R.: Foreign body in Aero digestive tract. Bihar Journal of
otolaryngology 6 (2); 37-39, 1985.
2. Prasad IB, Sinha Vikas: Aetiology of hoarseness of voice – A review. Bihar. Journal of
otolaryngology 7 (1-2), 5-8; 1986.
3. Prasad IB, Sharan R, Sinha Vikas: Fibromyxoma of Larynx. Bihar Journal of. Otolaryngology 7
(1-2), 9-10; 1986.
4. Sinha Vikas, PrasadI.B. Sharan R.: Primary Amyloidosis of the Larynx. Indian Medical
Journal 81(10), 1-2; 1987.
5. Sinha Vikas, Raizada RM, Jain SKT, Chaturvedi VN: Rhinoscleroma. Bihar Journal of
Otolaryngology, 13(1), 7-11; 1992.
6. Sinha Vikas, Achalasia cardia. Indian Journal of clinical practice 13 (4), 51-55,1992
7. Sinha Vikas, Jain SKT. Raizada RM.Chaturvedi VN: Acute Epiglottis in Adult. Indian
journal of clinical Practice. 3(7), 31-33; 1992.
8. Sinha Vikas, Raizada RM, Jain SKT, Chaturvedi VN: Cholesteatoma of the Maxillary
Antrum. Bihar Journal of otolaryngology.13 (2), 10-13; 1992.
9. Sinha Vikas, Raizada RM, Jain SKT, Caturvedi VN: Tracheo Broncho Spillover – A Cause of
Fallacious Interpretation. Indian Medical Gazette CXXVI (12), 364-365; 1992.
10. Amreliwala MS, Jain SKT, Raizada RM, Sinha Vikas, Chaturvedi VN: Primary Atrophic Rhinitis.
Indian Journal of clinical practice 4 (5), 43-46; 1993.
11. Sinha Vikas, Sinha S, Sharan R: Malignant Melanoma of Submandibular Gland. Journal
International Medical Science Acadamy.6 (3), 103-104: 1993.
12. Sinha Vikas, Tyagi BPS, Sinha S: Tongue Tie. The Indian Practitioner XLVII (1), 71-72, 1993.
13. Sinha Vikas, Raizada RM, Tyagi BPS, Kumar S, Chaturvedi VN: Tympanometry-Is
Diagnostic Tool? Hearing Aid Journal 9 (2) 43-47: 1994.
14. Deshmukh PT, Raizada RM, Chaturvedi VN, Sinha Vikas, Jain SKT: Incidence of oral cancer in
rural Inhabitants-A Hospital Based Study. The Antiseptic 91 (8) 298-299,1994.
15. Sinha Vikas, Prasad IB, Sharan R: Caloric Test in Supine Position And prone Position- A
Comparative Study. Bihar Journal of Otolaryngology 14 (1); 1-5 1994.
16. Sinha Vikas, Sinha S, Raizada RM, Tyagi BPS, Chaturvedi VN, Caturvedi P: Supernumerary
Teeth Presenting As Nasal Teeth. Indian Pediatrics 31 (12); 1564-1565,1994.
17. Sinha Vikas, Gill GPS, RaizadaRM, Jain SKT, Caturvedi VN: Post Aural Keloid After
Mastoidectomy. Medicine & Surgery 32 (10/11); 1994.
18. Sinha Vikas, Sinha S: Acute Laryngotracheitis, Indian Pediatrics.32 (7); 821-825, 1995.
19. Sinha Vikas, Sinha S.Role of pyridoxine in Antitubercular Therapy. Bihar Journal of
Otolaryngology. 15 (1); 5-7 1995.
20. Sinha Vikas, Patel JN, Sridhar S, and Dhulia DT: Carcinoma Middle Ear Presenting As Facial
Nerve Palsy. Indian Journal of Clinical practice.6 (2); 64-65,1995.
21. Sinha Vikas, Sinha S: Hearing loss in Children. Physician’s Digest 4 (3); 77-80, 1995.
22. Dhulia DT, Sinha Vikas, Sridhar S, Shah KN: Hurthel Cell Adenoma of Thyroid Gland. Indian
Journal of Clinical Practice.6 (7); 62-63, 1995.
23. Sinha Vikas, Rane A, Razdan U, Raizada R: Rhinlith, Surgical Journal of North India 1, 11(1)
.24. Jain SKT, AmreliwalaMS, Sinha Vikas, Raizada RM, Chaturvedi V: Clinical Profile of Atrophic
Rhinitis With Special Reference to Status Of Maxillary Sinusitis, Indian Journal Of
Otolaryngology. And Head and Neck Surgery 48, (1); 19-24,1996.
25. Sinha Vikas, Patel JN, Sridhar S, Dhulia DT: Inverted Papilloma Of Nose, Journal International
Science Academy 9(3) 98-99; 1996.
26. Sinha Vikas Sinha S: Stuttering Child, Pediatric Clinic of India, 32 (1), 42-44; 1997.
27. Sridhar S, Sinha Vikas: Juvenile Nasopharyngeal Angiofibroma. Bihar Journal of
otolaryngology.17 (2); 11-13, 1997.
28. Sinha Vikas, Sridhar M, Sinha S: Bilateral Choanal Atresia In The New Born. Pediatric Clinic of
India.32 (4) 1-5, 1997.
29. Sinha Vikas, Sinha S.Carcinoma of Maxilla; Suspicion Holds the Key. Physician’s
Digest 6(5); 89-93, 1998.
30. Dhulia DT, Sinha Vikas, Shah KN: Endoscopic Intranasal Dacryocystorhinostomy, Indian
Journal of otolaryngology & Head Neck Surgery.50 (1) 84-85; 1998.
31. Sinha Vikas, Raizada RM, Jain SKT, Chaturvedi VN: Cysticercosis of the Submandibular Duct.
Indian Journal of otolaryngology & Head Neck Surgery.51 (4) 51-52,1999.
32. Sinha Vikas, Parekh K, Sinha S: Acute Otitis MediaBottle Fed Babies Vs Breast Fed Babies,
Pediatric Clinic of India 34 (4) 1999.
33. Sinha Vikas, Bhowate RR, Raizada RM, Jain SKT, Chaturvedi VN: Placement Of Prosthesis
After Total Maxillectomy in Edentulous Patient, Indian Journal Of Otolaryngology & Head Neck
Surgery, 52 (1) 104. 2000.
34. Sinha Vikas, Parikh KM, Sinha S :Otitis Media in Children, Pediatric clinic of India,
35 (2) 97-100.2000.
35. Sinha Vikas, Sinha S: Prevention Of Hearing Impairment in Children, Hearing Aid Journal
14 (1), 29-32, 2000.
36. Sinha Vikas, Ahuja RT, George A: Hygrometric Method – An important Aid in Nasal Investigation.
Indian Journal Of Otolaryngology & Head Neck Surgery 52 (2) 199-200,2000.
37. Sinha Vikas, George A: Gujarat Earth Quack – our Experience of the first 7 days at Referral
Hospital, Ahmedabad, Indian Journal Of Otolaryngology & Head Neck Surgery
53 (1) 81-82,2001.
38. Sinha Vikas, Khavdu PJ: Caloric Test – Still A Good Diagnostic In Vertigo. Bihar Journal of
Otolaryngology 21 (2), 10-13, 2001.
39. Sinha Vikas, Johri S, George A: Congenital Anomalies in E.N.T., Indian Journal Of
Otolaryngology & Head Neck Surgery 53 (4) 326-327,2001.
40. Sinha Vikas, Sinha S.: Congenital Hearing Impairment – Hearing Aid Journal 16(1) 12-13 2002.
41. Sinha Vikas, Ray S.: The Relative Sensitivity of Barium Swallow Examination. Indian Journal Of
Otolaryngology & Head Neck surgery 54 (4) 313 – 314, 2002 42.
42. Sinha Vikas, George A, Rizwan M, Sinha S,: NeurofibromaA call for the Public Awareness:
Indian Journal Of Otolaryngology & Head Neck surgery 55 (2) 143-144.2003.
43. Sinha Vikas, Hirani N, Memon R, Arya A.: Study of Anomalies of Thyroglossal Tract, Indian
Journal Of Otolaryngology & Head Neck surgery 55 (3) 174-175.2003.
44. Sinha Vikas, Sinha S: Anhidrotic Ectodermal Dysplasia-Indian Pediatrics.40(17)
45. Jain AK , Sinha Vikas,: Role of Speech Therapy In ENT Practice Rajasthan Journal of
Otolaryngology 9,39-43,2004.46. George A.,Jain A.,Prajapati B.,Sinha Vikas,:Management Of ENT Cases During RiotOur
Experienceof First 3 Days Journal Of Otolaryngology & Head Neck surgery 1 (1)17.2004.
47. Khavdu J. P., Sinha Vikas :Multiple Pellets in Head and Neck RegionImages in Clinical Practice
Journal Of Otolaryngology & Head Neck surgery (1 )21.2004.
48. Sinha Vikas , Bradoo R.: , Clinical Efficacy and Tolerability of Desloratidine in Indian Patients of
Seasonal RhinitisIndian Medical gazette CXXXVIII (9)2004.
49. Kedia BK, Gupta G, Sinha Vikas, : Embryonal Rhabdomyosarcoma of Tympanomastoid Region
with intracranial extensionIndian Journal of Otology II. 36-37, March 2005.
50. Gupta D, Bhat V,Shah S,Ninama M, Prajapati J Sinha Vikas: Cementifying Fibroma of Maxila
Journal Of Otolaryngology & Head Neck surgery 2 (1 ), 9 .2005.
51. Sinha Vikas, Patel B.H. Sinha S.. Incidence of uncomplained secretory otitis media in patient
undergoing adenotonsillectomy-Indian Journal Of Otolaryngology & Head Neck surgery 57 (2)
April – June 2005.
52. Sinha Vikas, Dhilawala A, George A, Memon R, Arya A,: Study of Thyroid noduleJournal
international Medica; l science Academy 18(2) 71, 2005.
53. Jain Anil, Bhat V, Sinha Vikas :Deafmutism in Otorhinolaryngology Ashian Journal Of Ear,
Nose and Throat 3(3) July Sept 2005.54. George Ajay, Sinha Vikas : Baloon and bougie dilatation of esophageal strictures-Indian
Journal Of Otolaryngology & Head Neck surgery 57 (3) 196-198.2005.
55. Sinha Vikas, Bhardwaz D, George A, Memon AM,: Proptosis through eyes of ENT Surgeon,
Indian Journal Of Otolaryngology & Head Neck surgery 57 (3) 207-209.2005.
56. Sinha Vikas, Shah U.B, Aiyer R.G.,Passy J.C., Oak V. Prabhat D, Parikh A.O.,Patil A.D.:
OpenLabel Comparative Randomized Study of Efficacy & safety of Cefetamet pivoxyl
versus Cefixime trihydrate in patients suffering from mild to moderate community
acquired acute siusitis, Indian medical gazette CXL(3) 112.2006.
57. Sinha Vikas , Pillai P, George A., Menon R, Arya A,Shah S. – Rhinoplasty our experience Indian
Journal Of Otolaryngology & Head Neck surgery And 58(2) 144-146.2006.
58. Kedia BK, Bhat V, Gupta D, Prajapati B, Sinha Vikas VikasParaganglioma of Nasopharynx
Gujarat Journal Of Otolaryngology and Head Neck Surgery 3 (1 ), 13 .2006.
59. Jang Y J , Sinha Vikas – Conchal cartilage in Rhinoplasty – Indian Journal of Otology – 12,
60. Shah S, Bhat V, Gupta d, Sinha Vikas – A study of correlation of site and size of perforation with
deafness – Indian Journal Of Otolaryngology & Head Neck surgery – 12, 47-49,2006.
61. Sinha Vikas, Prajapati B, George A, Gupta DA case study of plummer Vinson syndrome Indian
Journal Of Otolaryngology & Head Neck surgery 58(4) 391-393.2006.
62. Bansal M, Sinha Vikas – Computer assisted otoneurology Gujarat Journal Of Otolaryngology & Head Neck surgery 3 (2), 21 .2006.
63. Sinha Vikas, Gupta D.,Prajapati B, Internal VS. External Osteotomy Indian
Journal Of Otolaryngology & Head Neck surgery 59(1) 9-12.2007.
64. Jang Y. J , Sinha Vikas Spreader graft in RhinoplastyIndian
Journal Of Otolaryngology & Head Neck surgery.,59(2),100-102,2007.
65. Gupta P, Prajapati B. ,Gupta D, More Y, Mehta R, Sinha V. Different types of graft materials in
TypeI Tympanoplasty Indian Journal Of Otology 13, 9-11,2007.
66. Sinha Vikas, Sinha S.Ear Lobe Repair. Physician’s Digest 16(2); 16-19 ,2007.
67. Gubisch W., Sinha Vikas Extracorporeal septoplastyour experience at Marien Hospital,
Stuttgart, Germany Gujarat Journal Of Otolaryngology & Head Neck surgery, Vol 4 ( 1) 2007.
68. Gubisch W, Sinha Vikas Extra Corporeal Septoplastyour experience in more than 2500 cases
Otorinolaringologia, 57, No.3, 113-119, 2007.69. Gubisch W, Sinha Vikas Extra Corporeal Septoplasty ,how we do it at Marien Hospital, Stuttgart,
Germany Indian Journal Of Otolaryngology & Head Neck surgery .,60(1),16-19,2008.
70. Sinha Vikas ,Singh S.N., More Y. Parmar S. – Spreader graft in external approach Rhinoplasty
Clinical Rhinology, 1(1), 24-27, 2008.
71. Sinha Vikas, Gupta D., Prajapati B., More Y.,Khandelwal P., Singh SN, Himanshu B.
Endoscopic dacrysytorhinostomy with conventional instruments: results and advantagesover
external dacryocystorhinostomy, Indian Journal Of Otolaryngology & Head Neck surgery
72. Sinha Vikas, Ninama M., Prajapati B., Gupta D., More Y.,Bhar V., Singh SN,Juvenile
nasopharyngeal angiofibromaour experience at a referral hospital Indian
Journal Of Otolaryngology & Head Neck surgery61(suppl1)17-2161,.2009.
73. Fischer H.,Gubisch W., Sinha Vikas: Auricular reconstruction-Our experience at Marien hospital
Stuttgart Germany – Indian Journal of Otolaryngology And Head And Neck Surgery 62,(2)
74. Sinha Vikas, Chhaya A.,Barot D.S., Mehta K., Patil P.,Patil S., Parmar V., Prashanth C.D., Modi N.,
Patel R.-Foreign body in tracheobronchial tree, Indian Journal of Otolaryngology And Head And
Neck Surgery 62,(2)168-170,.2010.
75. Sinha Vikas, Chhaya A.,Barot D.A.,Prajapati V., Patil P.,Patil S., Parmar V., Prashanth
C.D.,Extended anterior nasal packing in juvenile nasopharyngeal angiofibroma .- Indian Journal
of Otolaryngology And Head And Neck Surgery 62,(2)177-178,.2010.
NOTABLE MAN IN E.N.T.
1. Sinha Vikas: A.M.Valsalva – Notable Man In E.N.T. Indian Journal Of Otolaryngology And
Head And Neck Surgery 2(3) 136:1993.
2. Sinha Vikas: Robert Barany – Notable Man In E.N.T. Indian Journal Of Otolaryngology And
Head And Neck Surgery2 (4) 236: 1993.
3. Sinha Vikas: Sir Felix Semon – Notable Man In E.N.T. Indian Journal Of Otolaryngology And
Head And Neck Surgery 47 (2) 249 1995.
4. Sinha Vikas: Sir William Robert Willis – Notable Man In E.N.T. Indian Journal Of Otolaryngology
And Head And Neck Surgery 49 (2) 187 1997.
5. Sinha Vikas: Toyenbee Joseph – Notable Man In E.N.T.Indian Journal Of Otolaryngology And
Head And Neck Surgery.51 (1) 99, 1999.
6. Sinha Vikas: Mackenzie, Sir Morrel – Notable Man In E.N.T. Gujarat Journal Of Otolaryngology And
Head And Neck Surgery.1 (1) 20, 2004.
7. Sinha Vikas: Hallpike, Charles Skinner – Notable Man In E.N.T. Gujarat Journal Of Otolaryngology
And Head And Neck Surgery.2 (1) 11, 2005.
8. Sinha Vikas: Sir Charles Bell and Alexender Graham Bell – Notable Man In E.N.T. Gujarat Journal Of Otolaryngology And Head And Neck Surgery.2 (2) 29, 2005.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR
1. Sinha Vikas: Letter TO The Editor. (E.N.T. Physicians). Indian Journal Of Otolaryngology And
Head And Neck Surgery 1 (4) 220 1992.
2. Sinha Vikas, Sinha S, Sahay RN: Letter TO The Editor. (Monthly Journal). Indian Journal Of
Otolaryngology And Head And Neck Surgery 2 (2) 61 1993.
3. Sinha Vikas: Letter TO The Editor. (President Election). Indian Journal Of Otolaryngology And
Head And Neck Surgery 48 (40) 350 1996.
1. Sinha Vikas, Sinha S.: Book Review Information Service In Health Sciences A Monthly
Magazine, Indian Journal Of Otolaryngology. And Head Neck Surgery 46 (4) 1994.
2. Sinha Vikas: Disease Of E.N.T. By Divya Prabhat, First Edition 2001. Indian Journal Of
Otolaryngology Neck Surgery .54 (1) 82, 2002. Ph.D. Guide of Gujarat university , Ahmedabad 2007 and Saurashtra University , Rajkot 2010
INTERNATIONAL PUBLICATIONS OF DR. VIKAS SINHA
1. Sinha Vikas, Shah S., Ninama M., Gupta D., Prajapati B.,More Y., Bhat V., Kedia B.K.- Nasal
Myiasis- Korean Journal Of Rhinology,13(2),120-123,November 2007.
2. Sinha Vikas: Sinha Sudipti Gupta D., More Y., Prajapati B., Bhat V., Kedia B.K., Ninama M., Shah
S.-Choanal Atresia – Surgery by Puncture, Dilation and Stenting- Korea Journal of Rhinology
13(2),124-127, November 2007.
3. Jang Y.J., Wang J.W., Sinha Vikas, Song H.M., Lee B.J. – Tutoplast-processed fascia lata for
dorsal augmentation in Rhinoplasty- American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck
Surgery, 137, 88-92, 2007.
4. Jang Y.J., Wang J.H., Sinha Vikas, Lee B.J.-Percutaneous root osteotomy – American Journal of
Rhinology – 21(4), 515-519, 2007.
5. Gubisch W, Sinha Vikas – Extra Corporeal Septoplasty-our experience in more than 2500 cases-
Italian Journal Otorinolaringologia, 57, No.3, 113-119, 2007.
6. Sinha Vikas, Chhaya A., Mehta K., Prajapati V., Patel P., Patil S.,- The surgical technique of
endoscopic dacrocystorhinostomhy- is this surgery going from the hands of ophthalmologists?
World article in Ear Nose & Throat, Vol 1, 2009. Online journal link (www.waent.org).
7. Sinha Vikas, Chhaya A., Patel P ,Mehta K., Prajapati V. Patil S.,- The art of learning Rhinoplasty by
cadaver dissection. World article in Ear Nose & Throat, Vol 1, 2009. Online journal link
8. Mehta K., Sinha Vikas, Chhaya V., Dilavar A., Patel P , Patil S,Prashanth C.D., Parmar V., Maniyar
H. -“Audiometric and operative result in type I tympanoplasty”, World article in Ear Nose & Throat,
Vol 2 (2), 2009. (www.waent.org)
9. Sinha Vikas, Chhaya V. Dilavar A., Mehta K., Patel P , Patil S,Prashanth C.D., Parmar V., Maniyar
H. -“Fat Plug myringoplasty, cost effective surgery for small central perforation”, World article in
Ear Nose & Throat, Vol 2 (2), 2009. (www.waent.org)
10. Sinha Vikas, Chhaya A., Dilavar A., Mehta K., Patel P , Patil S,Prashanth C.D., Parmar V. Maniyar
H. -“Rhinoplasty-Tip augmentation by extended columellar strip”, World article in Ear Nose &
Throat, Vol 3 (1), 2010. (www.waent.org)11. Sinha Vikas, Chhaya V, Modi N.,Dilavar A., Rahul P.,Patel P.Patil S.,Parmar V., Prashanth C.D.-
Nasolabial Cyst: Presentation and Management”, World article in Ear Nose & Throat, Vol 3 (1),
2010. (www.waent.org)12. Sinha Vikas, Chhaya V, Patel R.,.,Dilavar A. Barot, Modi N .Patil S.,Parmar V., Prashanth
C.D.,Dave J.-Nasal bone fracture reduction”, World article in Ear Nose & Throat, Vol 3 (2), 2010.
E.N.T. Thesis & Dissertation Completed S.No. YEAR & University
SUBJECTNAME OF STUDENT
1. March 1998 (Gujarat University, Ahmedabad)Study of Etiopathogenesis Of Otitis
Media In ChildrenDr. Kalpesh Parikh
2. March 1999 (G.U.)RhinomanometryDr. Rajesh Ahuja3. March 1999 (G.U.)Caloric TestDr. Paresh J. Khavdu4. September 1999 (G.U.)Comparison Of Radiological And
Clinical Findings In cases Of DysphagiaDr. Shalina Ray
5. March 2000 (G.U.)Congenital Anomalies in E.N.T.Dr. Sonia Shrivastava
6. November 2000 (G.U.)Incidence Of Uncoplained Secretory
Otitis Media In Routine
AdenoTonsillectomy PatientsDr. Bhavin Patel
7. November 2000(G.U.)Study Of Proptosis as E.N.T.
ManifestationDr. Deepak Bhardwaj8. June 2001(G.U.)Study Of SeptoRhinplastyDr. R. Prashant
9. November 2001(G.U.)Study Of Thyroid NoduleDr. Aziz Dhilawala
10. November 2001(G.U.)Comparison Of Rigid Dilatation
Against Balloon Dilatation In
OesophagoscopyDr. Ajay George
11. November 2002 (G.U.)Study Of Anomalies Of ThyroGlossal
TractDr. Narendra Hirani12. November 2003 (G.U.)Study Of Bronchoscopy In ChildrenDr. Rizwan Memon13. November 2003 (G.U.)Speech Disorder And Speech Therapy
In E.N.T. practiceDr. Anil Jain
14. March 2005 (G.U.)Clinical Study of TracheostomyDr. Ankush Arya
15. Novem .2006 (G.U.)Correlation of site and size of
perforation to the deafnessDr. Sidhartha16. March 2008(G.U.)Observation on septorhinoplastyDr. Yogesh More
17. 2009 (Saurashtra Univirsity Rajkot)Audiometric assessment in hearing
lossDr. Keyur Mehta18. 2010 ( S.U.)Hearing assessment of children by
O.A.E.Dr. Parin Patel
Dr. Vikas Sinha
Dr. Vikas Sinha, who is working as Dean and Professor E.N.T., has made his name in the field of Rhinoplasty. He was awarded three months fellowship of Rhinoplasty in 2006 under famous Rhinoplasty surgeon Prof. Yong Ju Jang of Seoul Korea at Asan Medical Centre. He also had six weeks fellowship under world renowned facial and plastic surgeon Professor Wolfgang Gubisch at Marien Hospital Stuttgart Germany in 2007. He has been invited at national and international conferences to deliver lecture on Rhinoplasty and was only Indian to be invited to deliver lecture on Rhinoplasty at first Asian Rhinoplasty Symposium at Seoul Korea in 2009. He is one of the founding members of Asian Rhinoplasty Society. He conducts Rhinoplasty workshop with cadaver dissection every year at his working place of posting where international delegates and national delegates from across India learn basics and advance surgery of Rhinoplasty. He has also demonstrated live Rhinoplasty surgery abroad at medical college, Kathmandu, Nepal.
He has written a book of E.N.T. titled “Vikas Sinha Practical E.N.T.” which is well appreciated at India and at many places of world. He was given “Certificate of Honor” by the Association of Otolaryngologists of India and Gujarat state branch of Otolaryngologists of India for writing the book “Practical E.N.T.” This book is rated top in Google search for “Practical E.N.T.” book.
In 2008 June he became Dean of M.P.Shah Medical College (one of the biggest medical college of India) Jamnagar, Gujarat, India. He was youngest dean in India. He has more than 100 international and national indexed publications to his credit. He is also the editor of national journal of E.N.T. “Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery”. He is also Indian editorial board member of international journal of E.N.T.published from U.S. titled “World Article E.N.T.” (www.waent.org). He was conferred with “Fellow of Otolaryngology” by Indian Academy of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery. He has been listed in 6th edition of Marquis Who’s Who of U.S. in Science and Engineering in 2002-2003.
He is the honorary E.N.T. surgeon of Governor of Gujarat state, India.
He was conferred with “Jewel of India” award in 2009 for his outstanding achievement.